Year 10 Remote Learning
Here is all the information you will need to access remote learning. Please read this carefully:
- You will be joining live lessons via a google meeting link. Your teacher will have some students in class, and some students who will be remotely learning (like you are).
- Your teacher will give you instructions, and may direct you to your google classroom. There is a list of the google classrooms, and the links to them, next to the timetable below.
- Log in to Google: You MUST be logged into google using your school email address to join the google meetings. Follow this link and make sure you are logged in with your “stjamesexeter.co.uk” school email address. A good way of checking is to look at your google classrooms. If you cannot access your classrooms, you are not logged into google properly.
- Use the timetable below to join the google meetings. Find the right period, and click on your class name to follow a link.
If for any reason you cannot find your lesson, email your teacher and complete your Optional and Target Sparx work
A few important points:
- The meetings will not work until your teacher has started them, if the link does not work then try again in a short while.
- Remember your teacher has people in the classroom as well as at home. They may not be able to respond to chat messages immediately.
- Remember to mute your microphone and turn your camera off unless instructed otherwise.
- If you get an “invalid video call name” then you must log in to your school Google account.
If you need support please email email@example.com
If you see a sad face and “accounts.google.com refused to connect.” below, then you are not logged into your school google account !