YEAR 6 Open Mornings
We kindly invite you to visit us at St James:
|Monday 27th September||Willowbrook|
|Tuesday 28th September||St Sidwells|
|Wednesday 29th September||Whipton Barton|
|Thursday 30th September||Exwick Heights|
|Friday 1st October||Exwick Heights|
|Monday 4th October||Stoke Hill|
|Tuesday 5th October||Stoke Hill|
|Wednesday 6th October||Pinhoe, St David’s and Ladysmith|
|Thursday 7th October||Open Evening|
|Friday 8th October||Other Schools|
|Wednesday 6th July||Transition Information Evening|
|Thursday 7th July||Year 6 Transition Days|
|Friday 8th July||Year 6 Transition Days|
Tour start times: 8.40am, 9am, 9.35am and 9.55am.
To book in for a tour please contact Sharon Crump
St James, Summer Lane, Exeter, EX4 8NN
We are excited to welcome you on a virtual tour of St James. Please take you time, from the comfort of your own home, to look around our fantastic facilities and subject specific classrooms. Keep an eye out for some of our amazing staff who will be there to welcome you to your lessons. Click here for our interactive map.
Our pledge to you and your child
- We will listen to you and your child to make sure they have the best possible transition between their primary school and St James
- We will ensure you are fully informed and have a dedicated transition team and email address so that you can contact us anytime with any questions you may have.
- Your child will receive a copy of ‘Wonder’ to read over the summer holiday and explore during their English lessons in September.
- Your child will have the opportunity to write to their new tutor, to introduce himself or herself and share their hobbies, strengths and worries so these can be addressed and celebrated within their first half term at St James.
- Your child will have an introductory online Maths and Science summer transition package which they will continue to use in their lessons at St James.
- Your child will receive a knowledge organiser‘getting to know your school’ and instructions on how to use cover, write, check to help your child familiarise themselves with their new secondary school and get used to how homework is set at St James.
- All new year 7s will be invited on a special trip to the Devon County Show as we believe it’s important to be involved in your local community.
- All new year 7s will be invited to a special transition residential trip to Bude to help you child make new friends, bond as a year group and learn key team building skills.
- Your child will take part in daily timetable enrichment whilst at St James as we believe they should have rich and diverse experiences.
- We will create a personalised active travel plan from your home to promote safe and sustainable travel to school, including bikeability training.